Guidelines for Life Membership
- Life Membership may be awarded for significant contributions to the Monash University Cricket Club (MUCC).
- This distinction shall be conferred only at the discretion of the MUCC Committee and current Life Members.
- Nominations for Life Membership must be forwarded in writing to the MUCC Secretary by the completion of each cricket season fixture.
- Any current financial Member of the MUCC may nominate a candidate for Life Membership.
- Nominations should include the Member's reasons for putting forward the candidate for Life Membership.
- No person shall be elected a Life Member of the MUCC unless they have at least 80 percent of the votes from the current MUCC Committee and Life Members.
- The candidate must have been a financial Member of the Club for at least ten years.
- In addition to the above, the candidate must satisfy at least one of the following criteria:
- A minimum of five years' service on the MUCC committee;
- A minimum of ten years' service as a MUCC captain;
- A combination of the above, at the discretion of the MUCC Committee and current Life Members;
- A significant ongoing contribution to the benefit of the MUCC.
- Satisfaction of the criteria described above does not infer automatic granting of Life Membership. These criteria are for the guidance of the MUCC Committee and current Life Members when assessing nominated candidates.
- The criteria for candidature, as described herein, may be adjusted in extreme circumstances, including but not limited to posthumous Life Membership, at the discretion of the MUCC Committee and current Life Members.
- A Life Member of the MUCC is a fully financial Member of the Club for life.
- A Life Member of the MUCC will be presented with a plaque at the Club Presentation Night to recognise and commemorate his or her significant contribution to the Club.
Accolades: 3 Seasons as Captain, 2 Seasons on Committee, 2016/17 Club Champion, 2016/17 Gwen Rowe Medal, 146 matches, 1,496 runs, 86 wickets, Three Time Premiership Player
David 'Harro' Harrison
Accolades: 6 Seasons on Committee (3 as President), 2 Seasons as Captain, 2004/05 Club Champion, 192 matches, 351 wickets, Premiership Player.
Accolades: 6 seasons on committee, 7 times club champion, 4 time premiership player, 1 season as women's coach.
Accolades: 7 seasons on committee, 2 seasons as President, 7 seasons as Captain, 1 season as coach.
Aaron Thornely +
Accolades: A Founding member of the men's team, 2 seasons as Club Treasurer, 2 seasons as 2nd XI Captain, A member of 3 club premierships, 2,505 runs at 36.30 (inc. 5 centuries), 80 wickets at 19.10, Our men's club championship is named in honour of him.
Accolades: Founding Member of the club, over 100 games, 3 seasons as captain, over 2,000 runs, 3 seasons on committee.
Tracy 'Plugger' Walker (nee Widdows)
Accolades: Founding Member of the Monash Gryphons women's team, over 100 games, 3 seasons as captain, over 2,000 runs, first female president, 4 seasons on committee, our women's club championship is named in honour of her contributions to the club.
Dr. John Hill
Dr. Chris 'Gull' Fildes
Craig 'Robbo' Robinson
Accolades: Founding Member of the Monash Gryphons Cricket Club, Inaugural Captain, over 100 games, over 2,000 runs, 6 seasons on committee, 2 seasons as captain, 3 seasons as women's coach.
Doug Ellis +
Dr. Trevor Finlayson
Ken Ward +
Dr. Peter Jeffrey +