IMPORTANT NOTICE: DUE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION, WE ARE NOT RUNNING OUR NORMAL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDES WEEKLY CLASSES IN THE STUDIO AND ANY EVENTS)
WE ARE CURRENTLY RELEASING FREE 20-MINUTE PRE-RECORDED ONLINE DANCE VIDEOS!
For more info, click here!
Who we are
Monash Dance Society (MDS) is a student run dance club based at Monash University Clayton Campus offering dance classes for both partner style and solo styles. Some of our more popular styles include: Salsa, Urban and Jazz. For a full range of our classes, click here. MDS offers:
- Weekly classes Tuesday-Friday run by professional instructors of a variety of dance styles.
- Dance Masters of Australia (DMA) qualified medal examinations for Modern Ballroom, Latin Ballroom and New Vogue. These run from Elementary through to Gold levels. Prepare for your Medal Night in first and second semester
We host tons of social events throughout the year. Keep your eye out for the return of Dance Camp and our Cocktail Night! Maks sure to never miss an event by checking our calendar.
MDS is a part of FFAMM, a collective of Melbourne University dance clubs (including Flare, Funkadelics, AOS & MMJ). If you're an MDS member, you become a part of the FFAMMily and receive special offers to events during the year!
Where to find us
We are located on Monash University, Clayton Campus. All classes are held in the dance studio which is under the Campus Centre in the Basement. Tips to help you find us:
- Look for BOOST JUICE outside the campus centre
- Walk through the automatic glass doors immediately to the left of Boost
- You will see the basement door to your right
- Go down the stairs to our front desk and the rehearsal room!
CLICK HERE FOR THE MDS SIGN UP GUIDE & PRICES