IMPORTANT NOTICE: DUE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION, IN 2020 WE ARE NOT RUNNING OUR NORMAL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDES WEEKLY CLASSES IN THE DANCE STUDIO AND ANY IN-PERSON EVENTS)
SEMESTER 1: PRE-RECORDED DANCE CLASSES
These styles include: Argentine tango, bachata, ballet, ballroom, brazillian samba, commercial, dancehall, hip-hop, jazz, k-pop, lyrical, salsa, swing, tap and "urban" choreography.
These dance classes are hosted on Google drive and still able to be accessed in
semester 2! This includes dance styles of
- For more info, click here!
For more info, follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay updated for this semester's activities!
FREE WEEKLY CLASSES (Week 1-7)
WHEN: Every Wednesday evening at 6pm
- MDS will be hosting student-run dance classes on zoom covering 7 dance styles ("urban" choreography, swing, lyrical, new vogue (dancesport), salsa, jazz & k-pop)
- While we may be new faces as dance teachers (where some of us are new to teaching too), we wanted to have a way to continue sharing and exchanging dance over this period. Come join in every week to try out a new dance style or simply connect with our dance fam!
SOCIAL & GAMES NIGHTS
WHEN: Friday or Saturday evening, fortnightly
- We will be hosting fun games nights on Zoom this sem - including charades, trivia night and more!
- While we're sad we can't host our usual events and see you all in real life, we're excited to chill with you as you unwind from your uni week in iso :)
AGM COMMITEE ELECTIONS *
*WHEN: 2nd week of Mid-semester break (after Week 7)
- Want your voices to be heard or be part of something great? 🗣👂 Keep an eye out for our Annual General Meeting, where we will be voting in our new executive committee and welcoming in new general committee members!
- There will be roles up for grabs and you could be: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Webmaster, Equipment & AV, Marketing Officers, and Design Officers and General Committee.
Who we are
Monash Dance Society (MDS) is a student run dance club based at Monash University Clayton Campus offering dance classes for both partner style and solo styles. Some of our more popular styles include: Salsa, Urban and Jazz. For a full range of our classes, click here. MDS offers:
- Weekly classes Tuesday-Friday run by professional instructors of a variety of dance styles.
- Dance Masters of Australia (DMA) qualified medal examinations for Modern Ballroom, Latin Ballroom and New Vogue. These run from Elementary through to Gold levels. Prepare for your Medal Night in first and second semester
We host tons of social events throughout the year. Keep your eye out for the return of Dance Camp and our Cocktail Night! Maks sure to never miss an event by checking our calendar.
MDS is a part of FFAMM, a collective of Melbourne University dance clubs (including Flare, Funkadelics, AOS & MMJ). If you're an MDS member, you become a part of the FFAMMily and receive special offers to events during the year!
Where to find us
We are located on Monash University, Clayton Campus. All classes are held in the dance studio which is under the Campus Centre in the Basement. Tips to help you find us:
- Look for BOOST JUICE outside the campus centre
- Walk through the automatic glass doors immediately to the left of Boost
- You will see the basement door to your right
- Go down the stairs to our front desk and the rehearsal room!
CLICK HERE TO JOIN MDS!